What ends up on an invoice?
When you run billing, the software picks up any activity on the accounts since the last time you generated invoices.
Who gets an invoice?
In the client screen, on the billing tab, there is a check box for billable. This needs to be checked for this client to be included in the invoicing.
What is the process?
- From the main screen click billing on the left
- Enter the desired invoice date. The invoice date you enter will determine what gets included on these invoices. They will include all un-invoiced activity up to the billing date.
- Enter the Due Date. This will be included on the invoices. It does not have any other significance.
- Check or uncheck print on letterhead. If unchecked, it will print with some header information about your organization. If checked, it will assume you are printing on paper that already has this information.
- Click Review Invoices. This will create a mock run. No data is saved or updated. You can now click through the invoices to make sure you are getting what you expected. When done close the invoice report.
- Click Generate Invoices. This will build the actual invoices. If you are on a slower network connection, give it time to run. When it finishes the invoices will open in a report screen. You can print them from here. Once you have generated invoices you can not delete or modify them. So make sure to start with review step.
- If for some reason you need to reprint invoices, you can select the run date from the drop down box on the right and click reprint.
- The invoice labels button will generate mailing labels for the people who are marked to receive invoices.